PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
These terms and conditions (the Terms) tell you the rules for using the ThriftBag service (Service) to send Thrift+ your unwanted clothes (Clothes) for Thrift+ to sell on an agency basis on the Thrift+ store (Store) and other third party marketplaces, and/or donate to a Thrift+ charity partner (Charity Partner) on your behalf.
The Store allows shoppers the opportunity to buy the Clothes which pass our quality control checks. The proceeds of the sales of these Clothes are split among you, us and your suggested charity (Suggested Charity).
Summary of key terms
- Thrift+ reserves the right to choose which of your Clothes to accept and upload for sale.
- Clothes that are not accepted are donated to our Charity Partner.
- We are unable to return your Clothes once they have been sent to us.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of your listing and recommend that you review each listing carefully before approving for sale on the Store.
- We are able to adjust the listing price and may discount your item to help it sell.
- We will remove any items which do not sell within a reasonable time and donate them to our Charity Partner.
- We charge a commission on the sale of each item and we reserve the right to change these fees in the future. Any change in fees will apply to all future sales regardless of when the item was processed.
If you do not accept these Terms, do not use the Service. We recommend you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
- We are Thrift Retail Ltd (Thrift+, we, us). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10630791 with our registered office at A106 The Fueltank, 8-12 Creekside, London, SE8 3DX.
- To contact us please email email@example.com.
- By using the Service to send us your Clothes you confirm that you accept these Terms and are authorising Thrift+ to act as your agent to sell your Clothes on the Store and/or to donate your Clothes to our Charity Partner.
- We shall use our sole discretion to determine which items of Clothes sent to us are fit for sale via the Store or otherwise are unfit for sale and are to be donated to our Charity Partner.
- Please read these Terms carefully before sending us Clothes using a ThriftBag. They tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, our liability to you and other important information.
- The Store and Service are for your non-commercial, personal use only and must not be used for business purposes.
We may update and change these Terms from time to time to reflect changes in our business procedures regarding the processing of ThriftBags and the sale and donation of your Clothes.
4. How to send us items
4.1 Requesting a ThriftBag
- You can request a ThriftBag through our website at https://thrift.plus/pages/donate.
- Once your ThriftBag has been requested we will send you an email to confirm. This will include an order number. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your Clothes.
- We will aim to dispatch your ThriftBag as soon as possible (usually the next business day) and not later than 10 business days. We will send you an email once your ThriftBag has been dispatched.
- We will email you instructions, and provide a leaflet with your ThriftBag, to guide you on what kinds of clothes to donate and how to return your ThriftBag.
- Please read these instructions carefully as we will not be able to return Clothes to you once they have been sent to us using a ThriftBag.
- Accepted items:
- For women: (i) clothing: dresses, skirts, tops, bottoms, jumpsuits, jumpers & jackets, suits; (ii) shoes: boots, flats, heels, platforms, sandals, trainers, wedges; and (iii) accessories: scarves, hats, gloves, sunglasses, belts, purses, bags.
For men: (i) clothing: tops, bottoms, jumpers & jackets, suits, shirts; (ii) shoes: trainers, loafers, formal, boots, sandals; and (iii) accessories: bags, belts, hats, scarves, gloves, ties, wallets, sunglasses.
- Unaccepted items:
- baby clothes; children’s clothes;
- suits; tailored shirts;
- wedding dresses; bridesmaids dresses;
- swimwear; underwear; lingerie
- jewellery; watches;
- technology; mobile phones; tablets;
- homeware; bric-a-brac;
- counterfeit items.
More information is available in our dedicated help section: “Selecting which clothes to donate”: https://intercom.help/thrift-plus/en/collections/1518974-sending-us-clothes
- Before we provide access to our online returns portal we will ask you to confirm that your Clothes meet our approved brand guidelines, are freshly laundered, are in excellent condition, and are authentic.
- We will assess each item according to clause 5 (Quality Control). If your clothes fail to meet these criteria, they will not be accepted and will be donated to our Charity Partner.
- We take authenticity very seriously. If an item is identified as a high risk brand, we will request for you to confirm the authenticity of the item, and allow you to add details of proof of purchase.
- If we are not satisfied that the item is authenticity, we reserve the right to refuse to list the item for sale and instead donate it to our Charity Partner, notifying them of the authenticity concerns.
- If your Clothes do not meet our guidelines, we reserve the right to cancel your Thrift+ account (Store Account), in which case you will not be able to send us any more Clothes nor will we send you any more ThriftBags.
- After your ThriftBag has been dispatched, we will email you instructions on how to return your ThriftBag. This email will contain a link to our online returns portal. Use this portal to select your preferred returns option.
- Please ensure that your ThriftBag is sealed securely. We have no liability to you for any Clothes which are lost or damaged during shipping to us.
- Where you are required to attach a return postage label, please ensure that this is printed and attached correctly. Where you have selected ‘print in store’ please ensure that the store clerk has securely attached your return label to your ThriftBag.
- Please ensure your ThriftBag is sealed securely and addressed correctly. We are not liable for any Clothes which are lost or damaged during shipping. We may choose to issue compensation, but this is entirely at our discretion.
- In order to be eligible for compensation, you will need to provide proof of postage. We will not be able to process any compensation for ThriftBags where you cannot provide valid proof of postage.
- If we choose to issue compensation, the amount will be decided by Thrift+ according to data on sold prices of similar items. Our decision is final and cannot be negotiated.
- We will issue this compensation as Store Credit into your Store Account. Please note, we are unable to issue cash, gift cards, or vouchers.
- The maximum compensation we will issue for lost bags is £150. If you wish to send us items with a total resale value of greater than £150, please contact us so that we can help to arrange a courier with the appropriate insurance.
5.1. Accepting your Clothes
- When we receive a ThriftBag we will give it an initial inspection and check it into our online system. We will accept your Clothes when we email you to acknowledge receipt and acceptance of it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and Thrift+.
- Risk in the Clothes passes to Thrift+ when the Clothes are unloaded at the premises of Thrift+.
- If, for any reason, we do not check in your ThriftBag but you are able to provide proof of delivery, this will also constitute acceptance of your Clothes.
- We will put all Clothes we accept through our strict quality control process which checks the brand and condition of each item. Our quality control process is explained here: https://intercom.help/thrift-plus/en/articles/2673219-not-all-of-the-items-i-sent-in-my-thriftbag-are-on-the-website
- We shall then arrange for the Clothes that have passed quality control (Accepted Clothes) to be photographed, priced and uploaded for sale on the Store.
- Any Clothes that are not accepted for sale are donated to our Charity Partner.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to donate any Clothes to our Charity Partner for any reason, including if the Clothes do not pass our quality control process.
- Our staff photograph each item of Accepted Clothes according to the method and presentation style determined by us.
- We will provide a mechanism for you to give feedback on the photography before your item is made available for sale. However, we are unable to retake any photographs after the item has been processed.
- We add the relevant data to the listing for each item of Approved Clothes: including brand, item type, size, colour, pattern, material, and condition.
- We train our staff to input this data as accurately as possible. However, we do not guarantee this data to be correct, and do not accept any liability for errors or omissions.
- We will provide a mechanism for you to check and edit this data before your item is made available for sale online.
- We will suggest a price for your Accepted Clothes by using data on the achieved selling price of similar items on the Store and other third party marketplaces. In calculating an appropriate price, we also take into account the condition of the item.
- We will provide a mechanism for you to edit the suggested price before your item is made available for sale online.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion to determine the initial listing price of an item of Accepted Clothes and to discount the price of an item of Accepted Clothes, either on an individual basis or as part of a Store promotion.
6. How we prepare your Accepted Clothes for sale online
- We will use the photography, data, and suggested price to create a draft listing (Draft Listing) for each item of Approved Clothes.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of this data and we suggest that you review each Draft Listing before your items are made available for sale online.
- Once we have created your Draft Listings we will send you an email with a link to review them. You should review each listing carefully in order to check for accuracy and make any edits you wish.
- Please note, we reserve the right to determine the final details of any listing before the item is made available for sale online.
- You should approve your Draft Listings within 5 days of receiving this email. If we are still waiting for you to approve your listings, we will send you a reminder email after 3 days and 5 days.
- If you have not approved your listings after 5 days, they will be automatically approved without being reviewed and your items will be made available for sale online.
- We do not accept liability for any loss as a result of errors or omissions on the listings. Specifically, we do not accept liability for any claim that arises as a result of an item selling at less than its fair value due to a low suggested price.
7. How we sell your Accepted Clothes
- Once your Draft Listings have been approved, either manually by you or automatically by us, we will make them available for sale online.
- We will choose whether to list your items on the Store (comprising the website, IOS app and Android app) and/or other third party marketplaces (Sales Channels).
- Please note, not all items will necessarily be listed for sale on all Sales Channels.
- We may also list your items on other third party marketplaces to increase the chances of selling.
- When listing on other platforms, we may adjust the listing price in order to take into account additional fees and/or standard practices on that platform, such as offering free postage.
- Depending on the standard practices on each marketplace, and the mechanisms available to merchants, we may offer discounts or allow offers in order to help your items sell.
- We reserve the right to decide whether to accept offers, and therefore sell your item at a discount, based on our calculations of an appropriate selling price.
- Thrift+ is responsible for any fees relating to selling on other Sales Channels.
- When an item of Accepted Clothes is sold, we deduct any third party transaction costs, and any applicable VAT, leaving the sale proceeds (Sale Proceeds).
- We charge 33% commission on the Sale Proceeds, with a minimum fee of £5 per sale. However, our minimum fee is overridden by a minimum donation of £1 to your Suggested Charity.
- The formula for calculating the Sales Proceeds to each party is included in Schedule 1.
- We reserve the right to change these fees in the future. Any change in fees will apply to all future sales, regardless of when that item was processed.
8. How you earn and spend credits
- You agree that we are to convert your Sale Proceeds into credit (Store Credit) on your Store Account.
- Your Store Account will be credited with any Store Credit immediately after a sale occurs.
- The Store Credit can be used to purchase items from the Store or exchanged for vouchers with participating Thrift+ partners.
- Please note that Store Credit cannot be withdrawn as cash.
- Store Credit will expire from your Store Account after 6 months of no activity (no spending of credit and no earning of credit) on your Store Account.
- We will send you a reminder email 30 days before and 1 day before your Store Credit is due to expire.
- If Store Credit expires then it is treated as additional commission to Thrift+.
- If you have a query about Store Credit that has expired please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible for any VAT (or equivalent sales tax) payments that are payable on your proportion of the Sale Proceeds.
9. How we make donations on your behalf
- When you order your ThriftBag we will ask you to suggest a charity that you wish to support (Suggested Charity). You can suggest any charity that is enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund.
- If the charity that you would like to support is not available, we recommend contacting the charity and asking them to enrolling with PayPal Giving Fund using the following link: https://www.paypal.com/gb/fundraiser/hub
- Once a sale happens, we calculate the Sale Proceeds to be donated to your Suggested Charity (Pending Donation) according to the formula in Schedule 1.
- If your item is returned by the purchaser in accordance with our returns policy, we refund the buyer and cancel your Pending Donation.
- If the item has not been returned, the sale is confirmed and we make a donation on your behalf to PayPal Giving Fund (registered charity No. 1110538).
- PayPal Giving Fund then makes a grant to your Suggested Charity in accordance with their Donation Delivery Policy: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/givingfund/policies.
- There is no additional fee to you or your Suggested Charity for processing this donation.
- If a sold item is returned to us by the purchaser in accordance with our returns policy (Returned Clothes), we will process the return, refund the buyer and cancel the Pending Donation, but will not make any deduction from your Store Account balance of Store Credit.
- Depending on the reason for the return and condition of the item, we will then either as your agent relist the Returned Clothes for sale, or donate the Returned Clothes to our Charity Partner.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to determine if an item of Returned Clothes is to be relisted for sale on the Store or to be donated to our Charity Partner.
- In the event that any Returned Clothes are subsequently resold at a higher price than the original sale price, then any additional Sale Proceeds will be processed in accordance with clause 9 (Selling Fees) and we will top-up your Store Account with any additional Store Credit you are entitled to. If any Returned Clothes are subsequently resold at the same or a lower price than the original sale price, then you will not be entitled to any additional Store Credit.
11. If there is a problem
If you have any questions or complaints about the Service or the Terms please contact us at email@example.com.
12. Your warranty
You warrant and represent that: (i) you have full title in the Clothes being sold and/or donated under the Contract or that you have been properly authorised to sell and/or donate the Clothes by the true owner; (ii) you are able to transfer full ownership to the Clothes free from any third party claims or liabilities; (iii) there are no claims relating to ownership or title of the Clothes; (iv) to your best knowledge the Clothes are authentic and genuine; (v) that you do not sell clothes as part of a business registered for VAT (or any equivalent sales tax) and to the best of your knowledge you do not sell clothes as part of a business that needs to be registered for VAT (or any equivalent sales tax); and (vi) you will immediately notify Thrift+ if you become required to charge VAT (or any equivalent sales tax) on any sales of the Accepted Clothes.
13. Limitation of liability
- We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking our contract with you or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable when it is obvious that it will happen.
- Nothing in the terms shall limit our liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We are not liable for business losses. We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are not liable for any losses, or any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under the Agreement, due to any actions beyond our control including, but not limited to, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes, loss or malfunctions or utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services.
- The Store is provided to you at no extra charge. We do not guarantee that the Store will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or restrict availability of all or any part of the Store for business or operational reasons. Any support provided to you is for information purposes only. Thrift+ reserves the right to make changes to the Store at any time; or not to reply to any queries; or not provide support in connection with the Store.
- All material on the Store is the property of Thrift+ and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You are authorised to view and download the materials for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- Thrift+ reserves the right to at any time prevent you from using the Store or from using the Service.
- Thrift+ reserves the right to decline or cancel a registration or an account at any time. If we decline or cancel your registration or account then, without prejudice to the rights you have regarding any Accepted Clothes and/or any Store Credit, you will not be able to send us any more Clothes nor will we send you any more ThriftBags.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Store through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.